- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 small Turkish or Japanese cucumbers (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 large tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup torn parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 large, thin pita or naan, toasted until crisp and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup organic buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sumac (see Note)
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and dried mint and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, parsley and fresh mint. Add the pita, drizzle with the dressing and toss well. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the buttermilk and toss again. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the salad with olive oil, sprinkle with the sumac and serve.
Sumac is a popular Middle Eastern spice prized for its super-tangy flavor.