- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon mashed roasted garlic or roasted garlic paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 9 plum tomatoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ounces aged Manchego cheese, finely grated
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and the fresh and roasted garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the bell peppers and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Pour in the white wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the wine has reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until the juices have evaporated, about 30 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt. Transfer the pisto to bowls and sprinkle with the grated Manchego.
One serving 239 cal, 12 gm carb, 18 gm fat, 4.6 gm sat fat, 5 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.
Toasted baguette slices.