- 1 cup yellow lentils (7 ounces), rinsed and picked over
- 1 2/3 cups unsalted pistachios (8 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Warm pita bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Cook the lentils in a medium saucepan of boiling water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toast the pistachios over moderate heat, stirring, until deep golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios with the garlic until the nuts are finely chopped. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, then drizzle in the water and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Add the coriander and lentils and pulse until smooth. Season the dip with salt. Scrape the dip into a bowl, stir in the parsley and serve with pita bread.
The dip can be refrigerated for 2 days.