- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- One 3-pound ripe pineapple—peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 2 1/4 cups (18 ounces) pisco
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 12 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the pineapple, cover and remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a punch bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- Add the pisco and lime juice to the pineapple syrup. Fill tall glasses with ice and ladle in the punch. Garnish each drink with a cherry and serve.
The pineapple syrup can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.