Piquillo Pepper and White Anchovy Toasts
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 12 toasts
These incredibly easy toasts—topped with roasted piquillo peppers, black olive tapenade and white anchovies—are the perfect hors d'oeuvre.
- Six 1/2-inch-thick slices cut from a round loaf of country bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup black-olive tapenade or spread
- 12 piquillo peppers (from a 9.8-ounce jar)—drained, halved lengthwise and patted dry
- 12 white anchovies (boquerones)
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil 8 inches from the heat, turning once, until golden but still chewy in the center, about 2 minutes.
- Top the slices of toast with the tapenade, piquillo peppers and anchovies. Cut the toasts in half crosswise and serve.
Cava and tapas are a classic match. Pair these easy, traditional toasts with a glass of ripe, fruit-forward sparkling rosé.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.