- 2 medium ruby grapefruits
- 1 teaspoon finely grated grapefruit zest
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 medium Hass avocados, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chervil leaves, for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and all of the bitter white pith off of the grapefruits. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of the juice to another bowl. Add the zest, shallot and vinegar; let the dressing stand for 10 minutes.
- Season the avocado with salt and arrange on plates with the grapefruit sections. Stir the oil into the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle onto the grapefruit and avocado, garnish with the chervil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.