© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Guacamole gets a fruity twist with sweet pineapple chunks and fresh orange juice.
Slideshow: Great Guacamole
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Serrano chili, seeded and diced
- Zest of one fresh orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Cut each avocado half using the tip of a knife into a 1/2-inch grid, being careful not to cut through the skin. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency.
- Stir in the pineapple, chili, orange zest, orange juice and salt.
- Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate and serve preferably within 24 hours.