- SERVINGS: 4
This tropical fruit drink, on of many Jan Newberry makes in her juicer, combines fresh pineapple and mango juice and a spicy hint of ginger. For an adult version, add a shot of vodka. For a kid's treat, freeze the juice in ice pop molds or small paper cups, positioning a wooden stick in the center when the juice begins to solidify.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 1 large pineapple (about 3 pounds)—peeled and cored, 1 slice reserved, the rest cut into chunks
- 3 large ripe mangoes (about 3 pounds total), cut into large chunks
- One 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Crushed ice, for serving
- Using a juice extractor, juice the pineapple chunks, mangoes and ginger into a large glass measuring cup. Whisk in the vanilla. Cut the reserved pineapple slice into 4 pieces. Serve the juice over crushed ice, garnished with the pineapple pieces.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.