- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch dice (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice, squeezed from the rind
- 5 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño—stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the red onion with the lime juice and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the pineapple, pineapple juice, jicama, cilantro, brown sugar, jalapeño and scallion to the bowl and toss. Serve with the jerk pork tenderloin.
The pineapple-jicama salsa can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
One Serving 92 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 24 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.