- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 ripe pineapple—peeled, cored and cut into 8 long spears (see Note)
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, cook the butter over high heat until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the pineapple and cook over moderate heat, shaking the skillet, until the sugar is melted and the pineapple is slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple spears. Add the rum, carefully ignite and cook until the flames subside. Transfer to plates and serve with ice cream.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.