- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 ripe pineapple—peeled, cored and cut into 8 long spears (see Note)
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, cook the butter over high heat until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the pineapple and cook over moderate heat, shaking the skillet, until the sugar is melted and the pineapple is slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple spears. Add the rum, carefully ignite and cook until the flames subside. Transfer to plates and serve with ice cream.
To save time, buy precut fresh pineapple chunks from the salad bar in the deli section of your supermarket.