- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
This salsa is best served the day it is made.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups diced ( 1/4 inch) fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, plumped in boiling water and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients except the pine nuts in a bowl and let stand for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the pine nuts.
Notes1/4 CUP SERVING Calories 42 kcal, Protein 1 gm, Carbohydrate 7.1 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat 1.6 gm, Saturated Fat .2 gm
Serve WithPork, chicken and veal.