- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 8 chewy caramel candies, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with the sugar and rum. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the pineapple. Sprinkle with the caramels. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until sizzling, 10 to 12 minutes. Open the hobo packs and pour the pineapple and sauce into bowls. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.