- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 8 chewy caramel candies, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with the sugar and rum. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the pineapple. Sprinkle with the caramels. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
- Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until sizzling, 10 to 12 minutes. Open the hobo packs and pour the pineapple and sauce into bowls. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.