© Quentin Bacon
Pineapple and Red Chile Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 cups
When grilling a meal, chef Houston threads ingredients for sauces onto skewers to cook alongside the meat. While the meat rests, he purees the sauce ingredients in a blender.
Plus: 20 Smart Tips for Everyday Grilling
More Salsa Recipes
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound fresh pineapple, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper—stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 fresh long red chile, such as a cayenne or Holland chile—stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 12 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Thread the ingredients onto skewers. Brush the kebabs with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are charred in spots, about 15 minutes; let cool slightly. Remove the ingredients from the skewers and transfer them to a blender.
- Add the mint leaves, water, and lime juice and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serve WithGrilled pork chops.