- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound fresh pineapple, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper—stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 fresh long red chile, such as a cayenne or Holland chile—stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 12 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
Thread the ingredients onto skewers. Brush the kebabs with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are charred in spots, about 15 minutes; let cool slightly. Remove the ingredients from the skewers and transfer them to a blender.
Add the mint leaves, water, and lime juice and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
The salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Grilled pork chops.