- 1/2 pound pine nuts
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar or juice or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 inner celery ribs, finely diced
- One 3-pound rotisserie chicken—skin and bones discarded, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, preferably black
- In a blender, combine the pine nuts and apricot nectar and puree until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of the chives and pulse just to incorporate. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and stir in the celery and chicken. Season with salt. Garnish with the sesame seeds and the remaining 1 tablespoon of chives and serve.
Spicy kimchi or pickled vegetables.
Pinot Gris from Oregon can seem sweet, thanks to an nice intensity of ripe apple and pear flavors, but many of these wines are, in fact, dry. Try one with this crunchy, slightly sweet salad.