Pimm’s Cup Royale
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
According to Greg Best, the Royale was created during “an intense brunch service” at Holeman & Finch. “A newly married couple was telling us how they loved the Pimm’s Cup but had to drink too many to get that ‘brunchy, buzzy’ feeling.” Determined to keep the balance of the classic while pleasing his guests, Best added Cognac, peach liqueur and Champagne.
- 1 1/2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 1/2 ounce VSOP Cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon crème de pêche or other peach liqueur
- 1 ounce chilled lemonade, preferably homemade
- Dash of Peychaud’s bitters
- Dash of Orange Bitters
- 3 1/2 ounces chilled brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- 1 large basil sprig and 1 cucumber spear, for garnish
- Fill a chilled collins glass with ice. Add the Pimm’s, Cognac, crème de pêche, lemonade and bitters; stir well. Stir in the Champagne; garnish with the basil and cucumber.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.