- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 4-ounce jar chopped pimentos, rinsed and strained
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 8 eight-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, mayonnaise and pimentos with a fork. Season with paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a work surface and top each with pimento cheese. Place remaining 4 tortillas on top to make 4 quesadillas.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the quesadillas and cook over moderately high heat until golden and crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add more oil to the pan if needed. Serve immediately.
The pimiento cheese can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Salsa and guacamole