- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 5 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup), softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon juice from a jar of bread and butter pickles (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Saltine crackers, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Set the bell peppers over a hot fire or under the broiler and cook, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the bell peppers to a plate and let cool.
- Peel the roasted peppers and discard the cores and seeds. Cut the peppers into 1/8-inch dice and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix the diced peppers with the cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, pickle juice and Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.