- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp orange cheddar cheese
- One 7-ounce jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- 40 slices baguette, toasted
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the white and orange cheddar cheeses. Add the chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, black pepper and garlic powder; blend at low speed. Season the pimento cheese with cayenne pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400° Spread the pimento cheese on the toasts, top with the bacon and bake until the cheese is melted and browned, about 2 minutes. Serve.
The pimento cheese can be prepared through step 1 and refrigerated for up to 3 days.