- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- One 2-pound head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 4 celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch think
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 pound small button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup drained peperoncini peppers
- Three 6-ounce cans Italian tuna packed in oil, drained
- 6 caper-filled anchovies
- 1/2 cup canned California black olives, pitted and drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 3 small kosher dill pickles, cut into thin spears
- 1/2 cup pickled onions, drained
- One 6 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of water with the tomato sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, brown sugar and garlic. Add the cayenne pepper and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer for 20 minutes. Transfer the marinade to a large bowl to cool.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet to cool. Bring the water back to a boil. Add the carrots and celery, blanch for 2 minutes and transfer to the baking sheet to cool. Add the white wine vinegar to the saucepan and return to a boil. Add the mushrooms, simmer for 1 minute and drain well; transfer to the other vegetables and let cool.
- Add all of the cooled vegetables to the marinade, then add the remaining ingredients. Toss gently but thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.