© Brigitte Sire
Pickled Summer Peppers
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus overnight pickling
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
Tangy, spicy and crisp, these pickled peppers from Zoe Nathan are delicious with cheesy sandwiches or grilled meats.
Slideshow: More Pickled Vegetable Recipes
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 pound sweet small red peppers, such as baby bell—stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound hot red chiles, such as Fresno and cayenne, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar with the water, sugar and salt and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and add all of the remaining ingredients; let cool completely. Transfer the peppers and brine to a heatproof 1-pint jar and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Make AheadThe pickled peppers can be stored in the brine for up to 1 week.