- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 lemons, halved and juiced (1 cup), lemons reserved
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 18 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces crab boil seasoning
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, boil 8 cups of water with 1/4 cup of the salt. Add the shrimp; boil until cooked, 2 minutes. Drain and chill in an ice bath; drain again.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and the remaining salt. In two 1-quart glass jars, layer the shrimp, garlic, onion, bay leaves, parsley and 6 of the lemon halves. Add the crab boil seasoning and the lemon dressing and cover. Marinate the shrimp in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours before serving.