- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1/3-inch dice
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, salt and turmeric and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Stir in the bell peppers and onion and simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
The relish can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.