Pickled Jerusalem Artichokes
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 QUARTS
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 2 1/2 cups Champagne vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, sliced 1/16 inch thick on a mandoline
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except for the Jerusalem artichokes and bring to a boil.
- In a heatproof bowl, pour the pickling liquid over the artichokes. Cover with a plate and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
Make AheadThe pickles can be refrigerated for 2 weeks.
Serve WithGrill Match Pork, lamb, beef, duck, tuna, shrimp, salmon.