Pickled Golden Raisins
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 dried chile de árbol or other dried red chile, stemmed and crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/3 cups golden raisins (1/2 pound)
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, toast the mustard seeds over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until the seeds just start to pop, 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until the liquid has reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Let the raisins cool completely. Drain before serving.
Make AheadThe raisins can be refrigerated in the pickling liquid for 3 days.
Serve WithRoasted Veal Loin with Pickled Golden Raisins.