Pickled Chanterelles with Horseradish
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 2 hours pickling
- SERVINGS: Makes about 4 cups
- 1/2 pound small chanterelle mushrooms, rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- In a heatproof, nonreactive bowl, combine the mushrooms and horseradish. In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the wine, vinegar, water, celery seeds, thyme and juniper berries and bring to a boil. Pour the hot brine over the mushrooms and let stand for about 2 hours. Drain the mushrooms, pressing out the brine and pick out the juniper berries and thyme sprigs.
The drained pickled mushrooms can be refrigerated overnight.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.