© Antonis Achilleos
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN Plus overnight pickling
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 cups
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups dried apricots (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar and mustard seeds and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. In a heatproof bowl or jar, cover the apricots, raisins and bay leaf with the hot brine. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month. Just before serving, coarsely chop the apricots.
Serve With Pork Rillettes.