- 1/4 cup drained pickled peppers, such as peperoncini, stemmed and chopped
- One 6 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 2 loaves frozen garlic bread (each about 12 inches long), thawed
- 1 pound sliced lean, rare roast beef
- 7 ounces sliced provolone cheese
Preheat a panini press or a cast-iron griddle. In a small bowl, combine the pickled peppers, artichokes, olives and dill pickles. Open the loaves of garlic bread and scrape off most of the garlic spread; transfer the spread to a small plate.
Spread the pickle mixture on the bottom half of each loaf. Top with the roast beef and provolone and close the sandwiches. Spread the reserved garlic spread on the outside of the loaves. Grill the loaves in a panini press until the cheese is melted and the bread is browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, set the loaves on a griddle and top with a heavy skillet. Cook over moderate heat until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip, cover with the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer. Cut each loaf into thirds and serve.