© Christina Holmes
Petits Pots à l'Absinthe
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 6 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 6
Absinthe adds a subtle anise flavor to these puddings, which are delicious with berries.
Slideshow: More Beautiful Desserts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons absinthe
- Fresh berries, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk and sugar and bring to a simmer. Off the heat, whisk in the gelatin and absinthe.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher and pour into six 4-ounce ramekins or bowls. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the puddings and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours. Serve with fresh berries.
Make Ahead The pots à l’absinthe can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.