© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Pesto Quinoa Salad with Bell Pepper and Cucumbers
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Easy quinoa salad recipe with pesto. This quick quinoa recipe can be made ahead of time for a fast dinner.
Slideshow: Quinoa Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed. Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to completely cool.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooled quinoa, pesto, bell peppers, and cucumber. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.