© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Pesto Bulgur Salad with Tomatoes, Basil, and Feta
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
A simple bulgur salad for everyone who loves pesto, basil and summer picnics.
Slideshow: More Summer Salads
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil. Stir in the bulgur and salt, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender. Drain excess water. Set aside to cool.
- Put bulgur in a large bowl. Gently stir in the pesto. Fold in the tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese. Season with pepper and additional salt, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.