- 1/2 cup pine nuts (about 3 ounces)
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained and finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ripe Brie, rind removed, at room temperature
- 1 long baguette, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick (about 50 slices)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden. Transfer the nuts to a work surface and coarsely chop them.
- In a small bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with the garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, parsley, basil and pepper. In a medium bowl, vigorously beat the Brie. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon of Brie on each baguette slice. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of the pesto, sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.
Published December 1995