- 1 1/4 pounds slightly underripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sorghum molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette
How to make this recipe
Pack the peach wedges into a 1-quart glass jar. In a small skillet, toast the coriander seeds over moderately high
heat, tossing, until fragrant, 2 minutes. Let cool, then crush the seeds.
In a medium saucepan, bring the vinegar, water and molasses just to a boil. Stir in the garlic, ginger, salt, orange zest, piment d’Espelette and crushed coriander seeds. Pour the brine over the peaches and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 days before serving.
The pickles can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.