© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Perfect, Fluffy Quinoa
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Slightly toasting quinoa before cooking makes a wonderfully fragrant quinoa with great texture and flavor.
Slideshow: Quinoa Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water for about 1 minute. Drain well and put quinoa in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the olive oil and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until the remaining water is evaporated and the quinoa is slightly toasted.
- Stir in the water and salt, and increase the heat to high. After the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. There may still be some water not yet absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa.