- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 cups packed baby greens
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In a spice grinder, grind the coriander seeds and fennel seeds to a powder. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle the tuna steaks on both sides with the spice mixture and let stand for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, mustard and dill and season with salt and pepper. Slice the potatoes 1/2 inch thick and toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Mound the potato salad on plates.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add the tuna steaks and cook over high heat until browned on the outside and rare within, about 1 minute per side. Set the tuna steaks over the potato salad and scatter the greens on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
One Serving 347 cal, 9 gm fat, 1.5 gm saturated fat, 22 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.