Peppered Rib-Eye Steaks with Pan-Fried Watercress
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Two 10- to 12-ounce rib-eye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches watercress, stemmed
- Season the steaks on both sides with the pepper, lightly patting it on.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat. Season the steaks with salt, add them to the skillet and cook until brown and crusty, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 4 minutes longer for medium-rare meat. Transfer the steaks to a platter. Pour off the fat from the skillet, add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the steaks.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the butter. Add the watercress and cook over high heat, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Cut the steaks in half, transfer to plates and serve with the watercress.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.