- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 3/4 pound trimmed beef tenderloin, tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into 24 1/4 -inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons tapenade (black olive paste)
- 12 medium arugula leaves, halved
- Gently press the crushed pepper into the beef and sprinkle with the salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the beef and cook over high heat until well browned all over, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush the bread slices lightly on both sides with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and arrange them on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Spread about 1/4 teaspoon of the tapenade on each toast and set a halved arugula leaf on top. Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, cut the chilled beef against the grain into 24 very thin slices. Arrange a slice of beef on each crostini and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.