Pepper and Salt Chicken Wings
- SERVINGS: 4
Black and white pepper have an intense, delicious heat that, in tandem with coarse salt, makes a crisp, spicy coating for chicken wings.
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated at the joints
- Peeled 3-inch celery sticks, for serving
- Lemon Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Coarsely crush the black and white peppercorns in a mortar or use a heavy-bottomed skillet; stir in the salt. Put the chicken wings on a large baking sheet and toss with the pepper and salt. Roast on the top rack of the oven for 1 hour. Serve with celery sticks and the Lemon Cream.
Tame the fiery flavors here with an Italian Pinot Grigio or an inexpensive sparkling wine.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.