- 3 bell peppers1 green, 1 red and 1 yellowsliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Combine all of the ingredients in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
The peperonata can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat gently before serving.