- SERVINGS: 8
This vegetable stew is best made a day ahead so the flavors can blend.
- 3 bell peppers1 green, 1 red and 1 yellowsliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.