- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound pennette or other pasta
How to make this recipe
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, mix the ricotta salata with the basil, chives, mint, oregano and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in the tomatoes.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the pasta, zucchini and reserved cooking water to the ricotta and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.