- 3/4 pound penne rigate
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- One 6 1/2-ounce can or jar of olive oil-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the penne in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the drained tuna; cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, capers and 1 tablespoon of the parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cook the sauce until the wine has nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes longer. Add the penne and the reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season with pepper, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
A savory white with a lemony edge will complement the rich tuna and briny capers in this simple dish. Consider a Vermentino from Sardinia.