- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
- 1 cup diced dark meat turkey
- 2 cups drained braised greens
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shavings of Pecorino-Romano cheese, for serving
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the olive oil with the garlic and rosemary and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in the turkey, then add the greens and bring to a simmer. Season the turkey mixture with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a warmed bowl. Add the greens and turkey and toss well. Serve hot, with the shaved cheese on the side.
The braised greens in this pasta point to a crisp, herby Sauvignon Blanc to balance their bite.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.