- 12 ounces penne rigate
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mixed pickled peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the penne until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Wipe out the pot; add the chicken, peppers and oil. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until hot, 6 minutes. Add the penne and cooking water and cook, tossing, until hot, 3 minutes. Season with salt; stir in the basil and serve.
Pair this penne dish with a fresh, juicy, pear-scented Piedmontese white.