- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound penne
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly grated pecorino cheese, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the penne, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the penne to the skillet and toss well. Add the reserved pasta cooking water, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the parsley, season with salt and stir well. Transfer the pasta to shallow bowls and serve with the pecorino cheese.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.