- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
How to make this recipe
- Using kitchen scissors, cut along the tops of the shrimp through the shells and remove the intestinal veins. In a medium bowl, combine the curry paste with 1/4 cup of the oil and the coriander and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Heat a large skillet until very hot. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil along with the shrimp and cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve with the tartar sauce.