- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour and pecans in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugars, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Add the flour and pecans and mix on low speed just until combined. Divide the dough into thirds.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-inch log. Wrap each log in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Slice the logs 1/4 inch thick and bake on cookie sheets for 10 minutes, or until golden. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to racks to cool completely.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.