Pecan Pie Bars
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: One 9-by-13-inch pan
These tender and delicious pecan bars have an effortless press-in crust and a custard-like filling.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups pecan halves (see Note)
- Baked Press-In Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over moderate heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the light corn syrup and dark brown sugar, then whisk in the eggs until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt and stir in the pecans halves until combined.
- Pour the pecan filling into the prebaked pie bar crust and bake for about 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.