© Wendell T. Webber
Pear of Desire
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
When naming this pear-flavored cocktail, Todd Thrasher turned to a French quote on Restaurant Eve's dining room wall. It roughly translates as: "The savage man eats out of necessity; the civilized man eats out of desire."
More Vodka Drinks
- 3/4 ounce citrus vodka
- 3/4 ounce Licor 43 (citrus-and-vanilla-flavored liqueur)
- 2 ounces pear juice or nectar
- 1/2 ounce cream soda
- 1 ounce chilled ginger ale
- 1 or 2 pear slices, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a pint glass with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the ginger ale and pear slices and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe, top with the ginger ale and garnish with the pear slices.