Pear and Apple Oat Crisp
- SERVINGS: 8
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large ripe Bosc pears--peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples--peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray an 8-by-11-inch baking dish with oil. In a bowl, mix the oats with 1/2 cup of the flour, the brown sugar, almonds and salt. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter. Stir in the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the pears, apples and dried cranberries with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour. Spread the fruit in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the oat crumbs on top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.