- Fruit Tart Shell
- 1/2 cup whole unskinned almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pounds medium Bartlett pears—peeled, halved, cored, and each half cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a food processor, coarsely chop the almonds with 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture in the Tart Shell.
- Arrange the pear slices in overlapping concentric circles in the Tart Shell and brush them with the marmalade, reserving a scant tablespoon. Sprinkle the remaining nut mixture over the pears.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400°. Bake the tart in the bottom third of the oven for about 1 hour, or until the pears are tender and the pastry is golden. Transfer to a rack and brush the pastry rim with the reserved marmalade. Let cool. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar into the sour cream and serve with the tart.
The pairing of fruit and nuts works very well with the Veuve Clicquot Demi-Sec.